Your organization's guide to understanding Exchanges and their transformative impact on the US healthcare system
By 2019, health insurance Exchanges (HIX) are expected to cover 24 million Americans. These new marketplaces will carry atremendous impact for patients, payers, and providers—changes for which biopharm commercial teams must be prepared if they hope to successfully navigate and remain competitive in this new landscape.
For example, insurance companies are currently grappling with whether and how they will participate in state HIX plans, including how to structure their formularies. To help secure favorable positioning for their products within these new plans, commercial teams must be able to engage their payer customers around how HIX-related issues affect formulary decisions.
In this course, participants navigate the world of Exchanges through the eyes of individuals who need insurance, small business owners who need to insure their employees, and insurance executives whose businesses are effected by these regulations.
After completing this course, participants will understand:
- What a health insurance Exchange is
- How state and federal governments will run the Exchanges
- Who will purchase insurance through the health insurance Exchanges
- How payers will design plans for the Exchanges
- How individuals and small businesses will purchase plans on the Exchanges
- How the various stakeholders will interact on the Exchanges
- The role of private health insurance Exchanges
- How to interact with payers when discussing their participation in Exchanges